[CM] New ladspa script/etc (ot) maybe

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:36:16 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, PAGANO,PATRICK RALPH wrote:

> What would be STUPENDOUS
> would be for SND to recieve a pd input a la directconnect.
> without using jack would be best for me. maybe a port thing
> directly into snd,
> is this possible?I have redhat7.3 with alsa 9 with a midiman2x2,
> but can not get jack to work to save my life.

There is a program called jacklaunch which do various tricks
to make oss programs become jack programs.
Just do this: "jacklaunch snd", and afterwards, or before, start pd
with jack-support. And then use qjackctl to route the connections.
I haven't tried it, so it might not work the way you want. But
it might. Look at planet-ccrma for jacklaunch.