[CM] New ladspa script

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:23:57 -0400

"Kjetil S. Matheussen" wrote:

> First thing to try is to delete all your files in .vstserver/cache/
> If that didn't help, my guess is that you have a vst plugin that
> makes something crash very heavely (which is not supposed to happen
> actually). Try to see the stdout/stderr of vstserver and see if you can
> find what plugin that might be, and move it somewhere else. However, I
> guess and hope deleting the cache files fix the problem.

Okay, I cleared ~/.vstserver/cache and am now able to start Snd with the
vstserver already running. However, I had to remove some DLLs after
receiving this kind of error:

	VSTSERVER_clientthread: dfx_RezSynth_stereo.dll started.
	VSTSERVER_clientthread: dfx_RezSynth_stereo.dll stopped.
	wine client error:0: sendmsg: Bad file descriptor

Here's a list of DLLs I removed:

  Machine2.dll
  Trashcoder.dll
  VReOrder.dll
  dfx_RezSynth_mono.dll
  dfx_RezSynth_stereo.dll
  dfx_Scrubby.dll
  dominion.dll
  specMonkeyage.dll
  specMonkyageSt.dll

> >   3. Setting values via the native GUIs has no effect. Is that correct
> > behavior ?
>
> The parameters in the motif-dialog is not updated from the native GUIs.
> Thats the correct behaviour (alltough it can probably be fixed). But I
> presume the sound change?

Yes, the sound changes during the loop play. Very nice. Also, changing a
parameter in Motif dialog does update the VST GUI.

> >   4. Applying a VST effect simply zeroes the soundfile or selection. I'm
> > obviously missing something...
> >
> Thats definitely not the correct behaviour. Is there no sound when
> previewing either? And what about normal ladspa plugins?

Normal LADSPA plugins seem to work okay, I haven't found a bad one but I
haven't gone through them all yet. ;)

Best regards,

== dp