[CM] New ladspa script

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:03:21 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
>
> > new-effects.scm and dlp/dp-new-effects.scm both define
> > make-effect-dialog, but the definitions aren't compatible.  I can't remember why there are two
> > versions of this file.  My first thought would be to replace
> > dlp/dp-new-effects.scm with new-effects.scm, but I think dlp/plugins-menu.scm would also need to be changed.
>
> Hi Bill:
>
> I would be happy to replace both of my files (dp-new-effects.scm and
> plugins-menu.scm) with your new-effects.scm and Kjetil's ladspa.scm.
> However, I still have the "Wrong number of arguments to
> make-effect-dialog" error even without my files loaded. I'm very
> confused...
>
> Kjetil: I've upgraded my ladspavst and can now invoke the LADSPA plugins
> from Snd. However, I note the following behavior:
>
>   1. I cannot start the vstserver first. I must start Snd , then start
> the vstserver, else Snd will segfault.

First thing to try is to delete all your files in .vstserver/cache/
If that didn't help, my guess is that you have a vst plugin that
makes something crash very heavely (which is not supposed to happen
actually). Try to see the stdout/stderr of vstserver and see if you can
find what plugin that might be, and move it somewhere else. However, I
guess and hope deleting the cache files fix the problem.

>   2. The widgets are not correctly displayed. Please see the following
> images for clarification:
>
> 	http://linux-sound.org/vst-plugin-01.jpg (NorthPole)
> 	http://linux-sound.org/vst-plugin-02.jpg (Transverb)

The missing parameternames are there probably because the plugin havent
set any name for the parameter. I will change this to <parameter not set>
or something in the next release. For plug-ins with a parameter-name of
8/9 characters, there is obviously a bug somewhere. Will fix. Thanks.

>   3. Setting values via the native GUIs has no effect. Is that correct
> behavior ?

The parameters in the motif-dialog is not updated from the native GUIs.
Thats the correct behaviour (alltough it can probably be fixed). But I
presume the sound change?

>   4. Applying a VST effect simply zeroes the soundfile or selection. I'm
> obviously missing something...

Thats definitely not the correct behaviour. Is there no sound when
previewing either? And what about normal ladspa plugins?