[CM] New ladspa script

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:50:58 -0400

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> new-effects.scm and dlp/dp-new-effects.scm both define
> make-effect-dialog, but the definitions aren't compatible.  I can't remember why there are two
> versions of this file.  My first thought would be to replace
> dlp/dp-new-effects.scm with new-effects.scm, but I think dlp/plugins-menu.scm would also need to be changed.

Hi Bill:

I would be happy to replace both of my files (dp-new-effects.scm and
plugins-menu.scm) with your new-effects.scm and Kjetil's ladspa.scm.
However, I still have the "Wrong number of arguments to
make-effect-dialog" error even without my files loaded. I'm very
confused...

Kjetil: I've upgraded my ladspavst and can now invoke the LADSPA plugins
from Snd. However, I note the following behavior:

  1. I cannot start the vstserver first. I must start Snd , then start
the vstserver, else Snd will segfault.
  2. The widgets are not correctly displayed. Please see the following
images for clarification:

	http://linux-sound.org/vst-plugin-01.jpg (NorthPole)
	http://linux-sound.org/vst-plugin-02.jpg (Transverb)

  3. Setting values via the native GUIs has no effect. Is that correct
behavior ?
  4. Applying a VST effect simply zeroes the soundfile or selection. I'm
obviously missing something...

Just for clarification: My build of Snd is with OpenMotif and OpenGL,
not GTK.

Best regards,

== dp