[CM] which lisp/scheme for future use?

marco trevisani marco@centrotemporeale.it
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:57:17 -0400

Il 07/10/2002 alle 09:40:57, -0500, Rick Taube ha scritto:
> Hmm, I dont think this is true for most composers. This war was
>actully fought years ago between Finale and Score. Finale won bigtime
>even though Score did _much_ more than Finale did (or does...) and
>Score
>had a text based input that was very easy to use. But composers still
>wanted to see and tweek their notation on the page so much that they
>were willing to put up with a piece of crap like Finale in order to do
>it. as far as i know there is still no standard notation exchange
>format
>that is actually used by the software that most composers use to
>publish
>their scores with.

I guess Rick is right.
And i totally agree with Orm, especially about the time score for
computer music performances.
And, yes i would considering, an integration with cm and an existing
graphical tool.

The Graphical considerations had probably to do with my personal
preferences. Though, i might be wrong, Score has been much more popular
amongst publishers than Finale, while the second has been certainly
preferred by composers.

[OFF TOPICS (?)]
Publishers are reducing every day more and more the
number of contemporary music scores published. Amongst other things this
is due to the fact that, being those score most of the time very
complex, the only program that have a real profesional look and output
are too complicate...- for instance i think Universal used (and uses?)
Score-. This is something that maybe should be considered in the future
development of cm...of course a part output quality
[ END OFF TOPICS ]

	ciao
	marco

* marco trevisani                                                      *
* http://trevisani.mine.nu   marco@centrotemporeale.it                 *
* http://www.agnula.org -- A GNU/Linux Audio Distribution              *
* Neither MS-Word nor MS-PowerPoint attachments please:                *
* See http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html           *
* Gpg Fingerprint = 6096 84B8 046C A5C9 B538  255E 9FFF 1121 3AFB FFA6 *