[CM] which lisp/scheme for future use?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:40:57 -0500

>I have the impression that a very professional notation tool, does not
>gain much from a Graphical User Interface. Code writing is fatser than
>moving around the mouse.
>Maybe it would be less work to think about a common output format that

Hmm, I dont think this is true for most composers. This war was actully fought years ago between Finale and Score. Finale won bigtime even though Score did _much_ more than Finale did (or does...) and Score had a text based input that was very easy to use. But composers still wanted to see and tweek their notation on the page so much that they were willing to put up with a piece of crap like Finale in order to do it. as far as i know there is still no standard notation exchange format that is actually used by the software that most composers use to publish their scores with.

IRCAM has a plugin that lets you blast stuff over to Finale. I have not tried it out yet (its on my list...) but it sounds like totally reasonble way to go.