[CM] which lisp/scheme for future use?

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl@folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 15:09:29 +0200

Hi Rick and all,

Am Sonntag, den 06. Oktober 2002 um 07:35:24 Uhr (-0700) schrieb Rick Taube:

> you need guile 1.5.6 or later. the newest release is 1.6.0 i havent tested
> the cm code in that yet but it should work.

I just got the most recent guile 1.6.0 version, compiled it and then loaded
load.scm successfully (except of a name mismatch between the
referenced "objs.scm" in the load.scm file and the actual filename
"objects.scm" in the scm directory).

I don't know if I'll be able to make it do something useful but it
seems to work. I'll now dig deeper into the scheme language and the
guile implementation in order to translate the lisp only parts of my
teaching material.

There is a file called no_mid.scm Does that mean, midi is still NOT
integrated into cm? If that's the case: I'm using MIDI for realtime
inter-process-communication quite successfully. alsa support is quite
advanced including virtual midiports for internal use and graphic
patchbays and it seems to be easy to implement. It would be nice if cm
could be used with built in softsynths or get interfaced with pd.

--
Orm