Fw: [CM] Let's hear from CM 1.x users(?)

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:41:47 -0500

Ken wrote:

> ... I want sequencer type interaction with the ability to
> combine it with algo processes.  It would be nice to see CM be able to do
> "everything" compositionally like Csound for  synthesis/audio, these are
> truly super applications.  Perhaps this is possible but my attempts so far
> have been futile, I can't quite get the hang of it.  When time becomes
> available, I will do more work in CM.  I would like this to be my main
> compositional tool preferably with a graphical interface especially with
> the hooks into Snd, CMN etc..

Yes ! This is my particular Holy Grail wrt the CLM/CM/CMN/Snd suite. I'd
love to have such a tightly integrated environment as Ken suggests, and
I think that's how things are proceeding, yes ? However, patience is
required: it would be great to see the various GUI stuff for CM
available for Linux too, but I think Rick's rather overwhelmed these
days. Ach, if only I had another lifetime, then I could learn Gtk and
Guile/Gtk well enough to attempt the ports myself. Alas, I'm still
struggling to find the time to add new things to Snd.

But I think things will get there, it's all just a matter of time and
effort...

(Btw, do any of you remember what it was like to have spare time ? I've
completely forgotten... ;)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org