[CM] alsa and snd-6

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:16:41 -0500

Matti Koskinen wrote:

> I'm getting lots of buffer underruns in snd with alsa-0.9rc3, both when
> recording and playing. This must be an alsa issue, because csound also
> gives buffer underruns when playing directly to devaudio. snd also
> sometimes segfaults after playing, when first recorded. Now I changed
> snd to use oss, and this seems to work correctly. I've downloaded the
> alsa-0.9rc6, but haven't installed it yet. Has anybody else encountered
> buffer underruns with alsa and does installing alsa-0.9rc6 do any help?

Hi Matti, how's everything going for you these days ?

Yes, I still have trouble with my SBLive and ALSA with Snd, so I usually
compile it for OSS instead. Nando's done a lot of work on this already,
but I suspect the SBLive is just a very difficult card to work with.
What card are you using ?

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org