[CM] ATS Helper

Michael Klingbeil michael@klingbeil.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 02:03:04 -0500

If anyone is using Juan Pampin's ATS under CLM, you might be
interested in a small application I wrote to resynthesize ATS format
files. Mainly the application is useful because the resynthesis is
very fast (uses an inverse FFT overlap-add method). Currently it only
runs on MacOS Classic or MacOS X (which will probably give it very
limited appeal), but if there is interest I hope to release a
command-line only version for POSIX type systems. For more
information see:

http://www.klingbeil.com/ats-syn.html

I've also made a few modifications to ATS which, once I run the
diffs, might be able to be merged back into the ATS distribution.

There are many possible future directions for this project and I'd be
interested to hear what people would find most useful. Possibilities:

- CLM only version (just a regular CLM instrument but using FFT overlap-add)
- POSIX command-line version
- GUI editor (cross platform)
- ATS-style analysis implemented in C++ (for speed, on my lowly Mac
it isn't too fast!)
- additions to ATS for cross synthesis, interpolations, etc.

Best regards to all,

Michael