[CM] ATS Helper

Juan Pampin juan@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 01:08:04 -0800

Thanks for this contribution Michael, your program runs great under Mac OS
X!.  ATS file formats 5 and 6 would be very easy to add, in fact,
internally (in lisp) ATS keeps independent time information for each
partial, I built this in considering future multi-rate (wavelet-like)
versions of ATS (I have a prototype of this running but needs some work
yet, I guess that will have to wait until ATS-2.0!), the only reason I'm
not writing this information out into ATS files is that I wasn't sure it
could be useful for users and it would make files larger, but I can add
those two formats for your applications no problem.

A few questions:

> - POSIX command-line version

-As ATS is free and open source, would you be willing to make your program
open source as well?.

> - CLM only version (just a regular CLM instrument but using FFT
> overlap-add)

I have something like this running but I'd need to work on adding the
noise resynthesis to it, it shouldn't be hard but needs some time.
Otherwise, if you make your code available it should be very easy to
translate it into CLM.

> - GUI editor (cross platform)

-Pablo Di Liscia and I are working on an GUI for ATS called ATSH, maybe
you have checked it out already, otherwise go to:

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~juan/ATSH.html

ATSH is in beta state yet. At this point we are working on adding the
analysis component of ATS to it, ATSH uses GTK for graphics what makes it
quite portable (we have it running on Linux, OS X, and Windows), analysis
and synthesis functions are written in C.
Would you like to collaborate in this project?, It would be great to join
our efforts and work together avoiding duplicate resources.

> - additions to ATS for cross synthesis, interpolations, etc.

I'm teaching an ATS class at University of Washington this quarter and
will have a group of grad. students working on ATS related projects,
hopefully this will lead to new interesting additions and instruments.
Best,
JUAN