[CM] help with windows xemacs cm nightmare

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:30:01 -0700

Hi,

>If I start up the lisp listener window I get the
> following:
>
> [stream.d:9135]
> *** - Win32 error 6 (ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE) : The handle is invalid.

this sounds like a clisp problem. Ive tried reproducing it on two different
windows machine using the images from ccrma but i can't, ie the image boots
fine and the ex4 example from process.cm also works. But clearly something
in the binary image is inconsistent whe it runs on your machine.  I think
the first thing to try is to build cm from sources so that you know its set
up correctly for your machine. building from sources is easly, just boot a
base clisp image and then (load "/cm-2.3.4/src/cm.lisp")
its fairly easy to do.

> [pathname.d:6265]
> *** - Win32 error 3 (ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND): The system cannot find the
> path specified.

again, i dont get this error. im not sure what is going wrong with the
pathnames and the clisp error message is, of course,  completely useless as
usual. what does this return on your machine:
(translate-logical-pathname (logical-pathname "cm:tmp;foo.bar"))

this is what you should get:

[1]> (translate-logical-pathname (logical-pathname "cm:tmp;foo.bar"))

#P"C:\\cm-2.3.4\\tmp\\foo.bar"
[2]>