[CM] help with windows xemacs cm nightmare

Simon Kirby simon@ling.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:56:28 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for taking the time to run through that for me... I'm pretty sure
now that the xemacs stuff is set up OK (it fontifies and highlights cm
files etc. etc.). Unfortunately, cm itself still doesn't appear to be
working for me. If I start up the lisp listener window I get the
following:

[stream.d:9135]
*** - Win32 error 6 (ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE) : The handle is invalid.

If I run either:

c:/cm-2.3.4/bin/lisp.exe -M c:/cm-2.3.4/bin/cm.mem -i c:/cm-2.3.4/bin/cminit.lisp
from Bash or
c:\cm-2.3.4\bin\lisp.exe -M c:\cm-2.3.4\bin\cm.mem -i c:\cm-2.3.4\bin\cminit.lisp
from Windows command prompt, then everything starts up fine (although it
is agony to use!).

I doubt if it'll help track down the problem, but I'll mention it just in
case... I noticed that if I loaded the "processes.cm" examples and tried
one of the ones with midi out, then everything worked OK as long as I
started cm from a command prompt in the c: drive. If I started cm from a
different drive, then when calling "(events (ex4) out)", for example, I
got the following error:

[pathname.d:6265]
*** - Win32 error 3 (ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND): The system cannot find the
path specified.

Big thanks (again),
Simon

--
Simon Kirby                  Language Evolution and Computation Research Unit
simon@ling.ed.ac.uk         Department of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics