[CM] building clisp on OSx (fwd)

Juan Pampin juan@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:01:22 -0700 (PDT)

Forgot to copy this to the list...
JUAN

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 12:59:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Juan Pampin <juan@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
To: shreeswifty <ppagano@bellsouth.net>
Cc: Juan Carlos Pampin <juan@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: [CM] building clisp on OSx

Yes, that's the right sequence. The problem with with-sound is that by
default it tries to play the generated soundfile back and is using sndplay
for that. So you can try doing:

(with-sound (:srate 44100 :output "test.snd" :play nil) ... )

and see if you can generate the file (i.e. if clm doesn't fail with some
error). If this is the case you need to somehow compile sndplay to get
automatic playback working (it should have been compiled during the
all.lisp run but maybe there was some kind of error). I've attached my own
compiled version of sndplay just in case you can't compile yours (copy it
over to your clm-2 directory).
Cheers,
JUAN