[CM] CLM2 soundfile comments / mac print console

bbattey@u.washington.edu bbattey@u.washington.edu
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 06:33:17 -0700 (PDT)

Two other challenges in switching to CLM2/Mac:
----
I had CLM1 code that, for my nefarious purposes, wrote information into
the soundfile comment of AIFFs and then retrieved it later (using the now
defunct "evaluate-header").

In CLM2 running (soundfile-comment ) on these soundfiles returns a
mysterius FIXNUM rather than the lovely LISP code I had embedded in the
file. For example:

(sound-comment "Macintosh HD:driftwood1:out:diw-lehpath5:diw-
lehpath5-005.aif")
355600656

This is a soundfile that was working correctly with CLM1, so I know that
the desired comment string is in the file. Perhaps sound-comment-start
and sound-comment-end locations are incorrect  somewhere?

----

I'm finding that my instruments that have clm-print commands in the run
loop now trigger a "CM console" window to come up (I'm running a build
combined with CM) to which the print commands render.  But the printing
only occurs after the run loop is complete. The purpose of the print
commands is to provide in-progress status reporting, and this console
behavior precludes that. Is there a way around this?

Again, I'm using CLM2 on MCL/MPW

-=Bret