[CM] CLM2 soundfile comments / mac print console

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 04:21:03 -0700

> the soundfile comment of AIFFs and then retrieved it later (using the now
> defunct "evaluate-header").

All evaluate-header did was (eval (read-from-string (sound-comment file-name))).

> In CLM2 running (soundfile-comment ) on these soundfiles returns a
> mysterius FIXNUM rather than the lovely LISP code I had embedded in the
> file.

I don't know how to get a string into MCL from C -- in clm1, there was
a lisp function that used the comment-start/end marks and read the
header itself.  I'll change the mac version of sound-comment to go
back to that form.

> I'm finding that my instruments that have clm-print commands in the run
> loop now trigger a "CM console" window to come up

Michael Klingbeil has sent me a bunch of mac-CLM bugfixes, including, I think,
this one -- I'll merge his changes into my version later today.