[Stk] STK, ChucK, Audicle, miniAudicle, etc.?

Robert Oschler robert.oschler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 15:32:24 PDT 2013

Can someone give me a link to a web page that explains what context is
best for each of the programs synthesis tools that seem to be
associated with the STK environment?  I'm trying to decide what path
to pursue with my app development.  For example:

- Is the idea of using ChucK instead of STK in a simple game (*not*
something like a full 3D immersive interactive world) by shelling to
it with different "ck" scripts a valid idea, or is that not realistic?

- Which if any of the tools could be ported to the Windows phone
environment?  If that's possible is is something that could be
accomplished in a few weeks, or is a much bigger job than that? (Note
I'm an experienced WinPhone developer).

- My intuition says that STK is the way to go for seamless integration
in an app, but is that really true?  Or can either ChucK, Audicle,
miniAudicle be used in a reasonably integrated manner too?

In other words I'm looking for a doc that tells me what the correct
use case is for choosing either of the 4 programs.  I'm brand new to
this and it's bit more than I can grok at the moment.

--
Thanks,
Robert Oschler