[Stk] Xcode template for the STK

Ariel Elkin arielelkin at gmail.com
Thu May 16 10:37:22 PDT 2013

Hello,

Setting up the STK is command-line friendly, which is great. Many of us would like to be able to easily setup the STK with our IDE of choice – mine is Xcode.

A few years ago, the STK 4.4.2 was ported to iOS by the people at CCRMA and Smule, and if you drag and drop it into your Xcode it just works :
http://momu.stanford.edu/stk/

Unfortunately, it looks like that project's no longer supported. We're now at STK 4.4.4 and if you download it and drag and drop it into your Xcode, your project won't build.

Many many people doing audio software use Xcode and would prefer to spend their time configuring a signal processing chain rather than getting a project to just build. How about we make their life easier?

I've started working on an Xcode project (iOS for now, then I'll make an OS X one) that hopefully will be a public open-source template/tutorial on how to integrate the STK in your Xcode project.
https://github.com/arielelkin/STK-on-iOS

Creating an external build system project for the STK doesn't seem to work at all, so I'm adding the STK files directly to the target. I'm now stuck with a " 'SKINI.msg' file not found " error…

Any thoughts? If you got the STK working on Xcode, please shout out! Any feedback/suggestions are welcome!
Cheers

Ariel