[Stk] RtAudio with PulseAudio

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at pmeerw.net
Tue Dec 6 04:32:42 PST 2011

Hello Tristan, Gary,

> > I have reworked the PulseAudio patch (based on Vincent Benony's
> > patch), it now supports - input, output and duplex - a range of sample
> > rates - a range of sample formats

> Great! I was able to build it without any issues, however some of the
> test programs fail silently (playsaw for example). Otherwise, it would

playsaw fails because it defaults to non-interleaved samples which is not
supported by RtAudio-PulseAudio (yet), interleaved works

attached are some patches (against the pulseaudio branch of your repo),
please apply:
* added LINUX_PULSE to tests/audioprobe
* fixed handling of return 2 in input() (tests/record)
* added error messages in RtApiPulse
* added .gitignore
* cleanup of tests/Makefile
* forcing creation of symlink in Makefile

only 0006- and 0002- fix/improve code, the remaining change the build
infrastructure

> be desirable to rewrite this with the asynchronous API. I'm a little
> overloaded right now, but hopefully will have time to contribute over

not sure if it is worth the hassle unless real probing is needed

regards, p.

--

Peter Meerwald
+43-664-2444418 (mobile)