[Stk] Simple WaveMixer and Osciloscope

Ronzani Bruno bruno.ronzani at utbm.fr
Tue Oct 20 06:25:19 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie using STK so I apologize if the answer to my question is
obvious. By the way I read all the documentation and I didn't find
what I want.

I've installed STK recently and everything - i mean the demo examples
- works fine.

I've started to make a program using the library and I realize that I
have some difficulties though.

Thus two main questions for that first post :)

1) The main idea of my program is to make a "mixer". It is very simple :

I have made a class "Track" which reads a .wav file ( FileLoop ), and
can tick it out.

Then I have the Mixer class, which is mainly a vector of tracks.

For the moment, i have a tick() method which just sum the ticks from
all the tracks... Is that the way I should do this ?It works
actually...

Maybe I should use a StkFrame with the same number of channels than tracks ?
But I've never managed to make that work...  is that possible ?

2) My second question is more general... I used to think that a sound
is no more than a 2 dimensions array... easy to draw for example, if
you want to see the oscilations...

actually I would like to draw them in my program. In order to "see"
the sound in real time.

With that global vision of things, it would be easy to make a simple
equalizer, that boost some frequencies.

Do I have the wrong approach using Stk ? Is it possible to do it ? Can
you help me handling it ?

Thanks a lot,

Bruno Ronzani