[Stk] RtAudio and Stk interface

alpana jui lpnjui at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 26 00:52:06 PDT 2008

Dear Gary,

 Thank you very much.

I check this and this is working well in the terminal and result of
stk-4.3.1 audioprobe is

Compiled APIs:
  OS-X Core Audio

Current API: OS-X Core Audio

Found 3 device(s) ...

Device Name = Apple Inc.: Built-in Microphone
Probe Status = Successful
Output Channels = 0
Input Channels = 2
Duplex Channels = 0
This is NOT the default output device.
This is the default input device.
Natively supported data formats:
  32-bit float
Supported sample rates = 44100 48000 88200 96000

Device Name = Apple Inc.: Built-in Input
Probe Status = Successful
Output Channels = 0
Input Channels = 2
Duplex Channels = 0
This is NOT the default output device.
This is NOT the default input device.
Natively supported data formats:
  32-bit float
Supported sample rates = 44100 48000 88200 96000

Device Name = Apple Inc.: Built-in Output
Probe Status = Successful
Output Channels = 2
Input Channels = 0
Duplex Channels = 0
This is the default output device.
This is NOT the default input device.
Natively supported data formats:
  32-bit float
Supported sample rates = 44100 48000 88200 96000

But I could not manage the same on the Xcode IDE and always find
RtAudio Dummy API. I set the preprocessor direcitve, i.e.,

#ifndef __MACOSX_CORE__
#define __MACOSX_CORE__
#endif

Still it does not work but RtAPI Dummy with no functionality. I tried
some simple examples using terminal in differnent directory, I can
compile this, but no output or could not run.

Is there any procedure to follow when I try to use STK-4.3.1 on Xcode
to set up the audio so that no dummy functionality appears. I am sure
that my audio device has functional ability since this works with
music.

I will appreciate the help  to use  STK-4.3.1 on Xcode 3.1.  I need to
read  and write several disk wav files ( 20 or more ) for sample
computation and further processing  and some simple command recording
for its reading and writing on the disk for signal analysis.  I can
use some sine examples that is in the tutorial on the Xcode to write
samples from sine wav file. But I do not need sine wav for my
application, I need to use some other spoken wav files that are on my
disk.

If you use XCode IDE, could you let me know what I can do to use this
Stk-4.3.1 for my purpose.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Jui