[Stk] Installation on cygwin

Stephen Sinclair sinclair at music.mcgill.ca
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:38:46 -0500

>      Has anyone tried installing STK on cygwin with the realtime
> option ? I get the following error :

It's a pain, but I've managed to do it using the Microsoft DirectX SDK.
If you download and install it, then it's in a folder, something like
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2006)\

This folder has Include and Lib folders, so if you specify them you can
get RtAudio to compile.  I used the -mno-cygwin option as well, which
may not be desireable, but I don't know if it works without it.

Here's a short script I used to make RtAudio compile in Cygwin using
SCons instead of the build system it comes with, where DXDIR is a
variable containing the DirectX SDK path and PKG_RTAUDIO_DIR is the
location of RtAudio.cpp:

echo "StaticLibrary('rtaudio', ['RtAudio.cpp'], LIBS=['dsound'],
CPPPATH=[ARGUMENTS['DXDIR']+'/Include'],
LIBPATH=[ARGUMENTS['DXDIR']+'/Lib'],CXXFLAGS='-D__WINDOWS_DS__
-mno-cygwin')" >$(PKG_RTAUDIO_DIR)/SConstruct

cd $(PKG_RTAUDIO_DIR); ../scons.py DXDIR="$(DXDIR)"

I used this in the bootstrapping script for my LoopDub software, here:
http://loopdub.sf.net

Steve