[Stk] Realtime Midi - lost notes

Robert Gründler doobre@gmail.com
Fri, 06 Apr 2007 14:44:45 +0200

Hi there,

first i'd like to thank you guys for providing this library, it's really
great to have a base where you can start when trying to get into dsp
using c++.
I would consider myself as an "advanced beginner" in c++, and i'd like
to dig a little deeper into the language. Having the goal to write
music-dsp programs,
your library is imo the best way to start with.

I've been going through your tutorials and managed to compile a simple 3
voice synth using the code provided. All is working fine, though the
Realtime-Midi
seems to make some problems for me here.

When i play real nice and slow, it all works out, but ie. when i hold
one note on the keyboard and press a second one a little faster multiple
times, at some point the first note is turned off. I'm using 3 ThreeBee
instruments. My guess is that if the notes come in too fast, some note
offs get lost and the first played note gets kicked out of the
queue.

Here's how i compiled the last tutorial :

g++ -Wall -Wno-deprecated -D__STK_REALTIME__ -D__OS_LINUX__
-D_LINUX__JACK__ -o gnusynth gnusynth.cpp -lstk -ljack -lasound
-lpthread -lm -lasound

I'm working on a Fedora Core 6 box, Intel Core 2 Duo E6600.

Any hint on that issue would be great, thanks!

-robert