[Stk] Tentative question - porting Stk

Ross Clement rclement@dmu.ac.uk
Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:07:47 +0000

Hi. Could anyone comment on how difficult it might be to port Stk to
other platforms? In particular, I'm looking around at DSP chips that can
be used to build small physical devices.

Note that the following "IFs" are VERY BIG IFs.

IF I found such a processor and IF that processor had a C++ compiler
available and IF [to be honest] I could interest a student in doing so
for their project THEN porting Stk to a processor/board combo designed
here would be an interesting thing to do. I note that most Stk classes
are platform independent, but am wondering how much would have to be
changed.

Any comments on the difficulty of porting Stk? Due to all the IFs I'm
only looking for single sentence overviews, not detailed plans.

Cheers,

Ross-c