[Stk] Voicer Class

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:37:30 -0400

Hi Ravi,

That computation is based on a worst-case scenario where all allocated
voices might be simultaneously producing a maximum signal level (which
would probably almost never happen).  My first reaction to your email
was to think that lastOutput should in fact be scaled only by the
number of sounding voices, but I think it would be potentially weird to
have the volume changing dynamically as voices come in and out.

I don't know what the "solution" should be here. I could do no scaling
and leave it up to the user to scale properly(?).

What do others on the list think?

--gary

P.S. Almost done with the new release ... probably within a week.