[Stk] question about stk/projects/example/record

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:49:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Vincent,

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, vincent penasse wrote:

>>Hello! I try to use a new computer that was bought by my laboratory
>>recently, but I have some problems.
>>Inside C:/Winapp/stk-4.1.1/projects/examples, I run "record.exe 2 test 4
>>22050" while playing a mp3 with "winamp".
>>I get the following message :
>>Creating WAV file: test.wav
>>4.0000000 seconds computed.
>>
>>But when I play test.wav, no sound has been recorded... I tried many things
>>(change the output plug-in of winamp, changed the "device" parameter in
>>record.cpp, but it did not change anything.
>>I compiled the source with dsound.lib as always.

Are you sure that the winamp output is being directed into the inputs
of your soundcard via the internal mixer?  There is a bug (fixed but
not released) with regard to 8-bit WAV data ... do you know whether
your soundcard supports 16-bit recording?

Gary Scavone
Center for Computer Research in Music & Acoustics
Stanford University
gary@ccrma.stanford.edu
http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~gary/