[Stk] Newbie - Compile error with Filter class

Liam Kelly liamdotcom_@hotmail.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:21:58 -0000

Hi

I am new to music DSP and I'm finding the STK a great way to learn about
C++ and programming synthesis algorithms.  As night follows day however
there are a few teething troubles which I find frustrating.  I am
following the tutorials on the STK website and using the example Visual
C++ 6 project files.  Without too much trouble I am able to compile
these and hear some sounds (real time is something of a problem - but
this is not a big issue for the moment).  Unfortunately whenever I try
to create a new project of my own using a Filter class the compiler
seems not to recognise it.

Here is a short section of the error message I get when compiling

--------------------Configuration: STK test - Win32
Debug----------------
Compiling...
Filter.cpp
f:\university work\c++\perry cook stk\stk-4.1.1\src\filter.cpp(33) :
error C2653: 'Filter' : is not a class or namespace name
f:\university work\c++\perry cook stk\stk-4.1.1\src\filter.cpp(36) :
error C2065: 'gain' : undeclared identifier
f:\university work\c++\perry cook stk\stk-4.1.1\src\filter.cpp(36) :
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const double' to 'int', possible
loss of data
f:\university work\c++\perry cook stk\stk-4.1.1\src\filter.cpp(37) :
error C2065: 'nB' : undeclared identifier
f:\university work\c++\perry cook stk\stk-4.1.1\src\filter.cpp(38) :
error C2065: 'nA' : undeclared identifier
f:\university work\c++\perry cook stk\stk-4.1.1\src\filter.cpp(39) :
error C2065: 'b' : undeclared identifier

 [ ... ad finitum]
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
*

It is so strange but it happens only with 'filter' and only when I make
my own Console applications.  The projects I make can seemingly be
identical to some of the tutorial examples  (ie have the same
constituent files and settings) but for some reason will not compile.

I am not so experienced with C++ but I am learning fast, but things like
this are so frustrating when there appears to be no reason for it.  I
would be grateful if anyone can help.

Cheers

Liam Kelly,
Techno Trading,