[Stk] clicks on mac os x

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:20:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ari,

I didn't know about this problem.  I'll check it out when my wife
returns from a trip with her titanium.

But one comment.  The underlying OS X API is callback based.  I've
hacked a wrapper around that to provide a blocking scheme in RtAudio,
in addition to a callback scheme.  But you'll have best results using
RtAudio under OS X by making use of callbacks rather than blocking
calls.  All STK programs use blocking calls and that might possibly
have something to do with the clicks.

--gary