[Stk] Multichannel I/O

Gary Scavone gary@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:35:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gautham,

The realtime audio i/o in STK is handled by a class called RtAudio.
You can get more specific information about that at:

  http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~gary/rtaudio/

The limit to the number of input/output channels depends primarily on
your soundcard.  Also, if you're using a DirectSound audio driver
under Windows, you're limited to two channels per stream (though you
could have multiple two-channel streams running at the same time).
Using an ASIO driver, you should be able to use all channels and get
good input/output latency.  I myself have an RME Hammerfall DSP system
and I verified that it worked with the ASIO driver and RtAudio.  With
STK, you would need to make sure you change the preprocessor
definition in the Visual C++ projects from __WINDOWS_DS__ to
__WINDOWS_ASIO__.

--gary