[SLOrk-China] verizon global data plan

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Jun 5 09:18:56 PDT 2014

I hope this makes it to your inbox, because it sure looks like spam (but
it's not)!

For those of you who have Verizon, these are two options for
international data plan from your current phone:

$25 per 100MB of data
(voice calls $1.99/min, text $.50 to send, $.05; actually there will be
little need to make voice calls except in emergencies, and no need to
send text since we got that wechat yo)

$30 per 250MB of data
(same for voice/text)

I think AT&T has something similar.

I just called (*611 from verizon phone) and set up the 250MB plan, which
should comfortably last for a few weeks depending on usage.  There is
wiifii at the hotel, but the data plan will be helpful everywhere else,
including potentially at the Center (I remember having some trouble with
mobile device registration there).

FYI.

Ge!