[PlanetCCRMANews] [PlanetCCRMA] landing on the Fedora 18 planet

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Tue Jan 22 17:28:55 PST 2013

I've been on Fedora 18 since midway between alpha and beta. Yes, the
user interface for the installer is *awful*! Worse, it's the main
reason the release slipped from November to mid-January.

I'm not a regular KDE user, but it seems to me to be OK now. I'm
mostly a GNOME 3 user myself, although I usually install LXDE, MATE
and Cinnamon too just so I know how they work. But once I got past the
new installer, Fedora 18 has been solid. If you're already on 17 and
it's working for you, you might not need to upgrade. But I'm not
planning to drop back to 17 now.