[PlanetCCRMANews] [PlanetCCRMA] fedora 18: new 3.8.4-rt2 kernel

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:31:39 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando at ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just released a new (very new!) rt patched kernel for Fedora 18, this
> one is based on the latest (202) Koji build plus 3.8.4-rt2. It seems to
> be performing well in limited tests here.
>
> If you are happy with the current 3.6 rt kernel don't upgrade, this 3.8
> release is very new and maybe there are bugs lurking there. I'll track
> the 3.8.x rty series and release packages as new versions become available.
>
> Enjoy!
> -- Fernando

So far performance is good for me on x86-64 Fedora 17.  Only two gripes:

1. The nouveau module no longer supports the "msi" parameter
(obviously not an RT issue)
2. Suspend/resume doesn't work for me.  I can suspend but resume just
sits there.  Works ok on the regular 3.8.4 kernel so I'm not sure what
the issue is.

--Steve