[PlanetCCRMANews] updates, kernel, jack and ardour

Fri Dec 19 12:16:00 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 13:20 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> Fedora 10 has now a 2.6.26.x based experimental rt patched kernel. Same
> problems as mentioned before for fc9 (midi, occasional hangs). Can be
> found in the standard place and installed (together with the other core
> goodies) with "yum install planetccrma-core" (or planetccrma-core-PAE if
> you are running on i386 with >= 4Gbytes of RAM).
>
> I have also updated jackmp for fc10

I forgot to mention that the jackmp on fc10 has ffado (firewire
interfaces) support - latest rc1 pre-release. Together with the rt
kernel I managed to get an Edirol fa-101 soundcard working... yum
install ffado for the tools and libraries...

-- Fernando