[PlanetCCRMANews] updates, kernel, jack and ardour

Thu Dec 18 13:20:19 PST 2008

Hi all...

Fedora 10 has now a 2.6.26.x based experimental rt patched kernel. Same
problems as mentioned before for fc9 (midi, occasional hangs). Can be
found in the standard place and installed (together with the other core
goodies) with "yum install planetccrma-core" (or planetccrma-core-PAE if
you are running on i386 with >= 4Gbytes of RAM).

I have also updated jackmp for fc10 and the testing repositories for fc9
and fc8. This version should work fine out of the box on x86_64. Please
let me know if it does not (you should erase any links or stuff you
added in /usr/lib to make the previous version work...)

And Ardour 2.7.1 has now support for LV2 (in fc10 and testing fc9 and
fc8).

Enjoy!
-- Fernando

PS: apparently we will be getting better rt kernels in the 2.6.28
timeframe, but nothing for 2.6.27.x. I guess we have to be patient:

http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0812.1/00529.html