[PlanetCCRMANews] fc6: core components available for testing

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano planetccrma@ccrma.stanford.edu
Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:13:22 -0800

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 17:00 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> I've just released the "core" components for Fedora Core 6[1]. That
> includes an Ingo Molnar supercharged kernel (the package name is
> "kernel-rt" to differentiate it from the normal kernel)

One caveat: naming it "kernel-rt" avoids the unpleasentness of having to
deal with yum not wanting to install an "older" kernel e-v-r-wise even
if you want to. But it also means that upgrading to a newer version of
the stock Fedora kernel will "bump" the rt kernel from the first place
in the boot order. So when that happens you will have to edit
"/boot/grub/grub.conf" to point grub (through the "default=" line to the
zero based entry that corresponds to the latest rt kernel...

-- Fernando