[PlanetCCRMA] What about the real time kernel

Be be.0 at gmx.com
Thu Nov 11 19:43:49 PST 2021

Thank you for sharing this. It would be great to document somewhere. I
though the PREEMPT_RT code that has been merged upstream was only
available with a build time option. It is great that at least some of it
can be enabled with boot time options on generic kernel builds.

Many computers' motherboard firmware doesn't expose a switch to disable
SMT, but this can be done with the 'nosmt' boot option for Linux. I
found that this helps more than boot option or configuration to make
audio less likely to glitch at low latencies, but I haven't tried yet
the boot options you just posted about.