[PlanetCCRMA] M-Audio 24Ao w. updated firmware on linux nowadays ?

anders.vinjar at bek.no anders.vinjar at bek.no
Tue Oct 27 01:00:42 PDT 2020

Hi Fernando, thanks for pointers to thread with much info.

    F> If the hardware you have can be downgraded (I believe to 1.2.8+
    F> or something like that) then do that and you should be
    F> fine. Regretfully newer hardware versions cannot be downgraded.

Seems 'downgradabililty' is the only working solution then, based on
various descriptions about random buzzy sounds etc.

Will attempt downgrading, but only after next concert is done (served by
other OS'es)

So using somewhere around 1.2.8 i can hope for nice playing without
occasional buzzy noise + i can expect getting 64 channels out of that
card?

-anders