[PlanetCCRMA] State of Fedora 26 repo

Yury Bulka setthemfree at privacyrequired.com
Wed Oct 25 15:18:41 PDT 2017

Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/25/17 11:00, ycollette.nospam at free.fr wrote:
>> I activated SYSTEM_BOOST=ON in cmake and everything compiled fine too ...
>
> Compilation is not a guarantee of anything in C++. For example, right
> now the develop branch compiles fine on my machine, but supernova
> crashes just after booting with segmentation fault.

Sure, there's no guarantee in anything, even unit/integration tests
passing, etc. But using a bundled version of a library doesn't guarantee
anything either. For instance, on my system, with the planetccrma
package, I have a segfault of sclang each time when I run M-x
sclang-stop in emacs (although luckily I don't need it running by then;)

I'm curious though about the other third-party libraries that are
bundled with SC and how to deal with them. With the help of nice people
on #fedora-devel, we identified the libraries that are bundled with SC but
not available in fedora yet:
- tlsf
- jackey (a header-only single file)
- nova-simd
- nova-tt
- oscpack

Probably, they should be packaged separately, but I need to research it
a bit more.