[PlanetCCRMA] Total failure to install Fedore Core 23

metachromatic metachromatic at gmail.com
Wed May 3 23:53:32 PDT 2017

 Background: been using linux for 10 years, mostly Mint, Ubuntu, Arch.
Core 2 Duo Lenovo laptop w 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive.
 As with other linux installs, started by resizing 320 GB hard drive
sda1 to give 36 GB primary partition sda2 formatted as ext2, another 1
GB partition logical partition sda3 formatted ext2 for swap using
gparted boot disk.
 Fedora Core 23 iso burned to DVD crashes on boot, goes to emergency
screen dracut. Claims "problems with disk." No problems. Both Windows
chkdesk + linux fsck confirm no issues with hard drive target
partition or any other partition. No cross-linked files, MBR issues,
etc.
 So downloaded Fedora Core 23 iso to primary hard drive, used
Universal USB installed 1.9.7.8 for linux to install Fedora 23 iso
onto a spare 8 GB USB drive, then booted from that.
 This time Fedore 23 comes up.
 Tell Fedora 23 to install on sda2 36 GB ext 2 partition with mount
point /. Core 23 refuses. I click and click and click, won't do it.
  Nothing I can do will get Core 23 to install in any way, shape, or form.
  Any ideas?