[PlanetCCRMA] Troubles with Jack on Fedora 25

Yoann LE BARS yoann at le-bars.net
Thu Jan 26 10:24:18 PST 2017

Hello everybody out there!

On 26/01/2017 6:25 pm, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> Meaning that you can actually see the input and output ports of the
> soundcard in the connections window?

	Indeed.

>>     Well, you can notice there are some inconsistencies, as
>> “jack-audio-connection-kit”, “jack-rack”,
>> “jack-audio-connection-kit-dbus” and “bio2jack” are for Fedora 24, while
>> the others packages are for Fedora 25. I do not know how to solve this.
>
> I would start by removing (if you were not using it) the old version of
> jack-audio-connection-kit-dbus. Or try to upgrade it explicitly and see
> why it was not updated.

	I would have tried to explicitly upgrade it, but the thing is I do not
know how to do that – I am more used with Debian tools and I get
confused with DNF.

> - is the soundcard there?
>   "cat /proc/asound/cards" should tell you.

	It is:

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0xf7310000 irq 29
 1 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xf7080000 irq 17
 2 [M2496          ]: ICE1712 - M Audio Audiophile 24/96
                      M Audio Audiophile 24/96 at 0xc040, irq 19
 3 [U0x46d0x81d    ]: USB-Audio - USB Device 0x46d:0x81d
                      USB Device 0x46d:0x81d at usb-0000:00:14.0-13.2,
high speed

	I am using the M Audio soundcard.

> - start jackd from a terminal with minimal arguments and see what happens:
>   jackd -d alsa -d hw:xxx
>   (replace xxx with the ordinal number of the card or its short name as
> printed by cat /proc/asound/cards).

	Here is the result:

$ jackd -d alsa -d hw:2
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
no message buffer overruns
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 20
self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio2
creating alsa driver ... hw:2|hw:2|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for capture
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 32bit integer little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
Using port names patch v0.1 (07.04.2010)
Trying to load portnames from /home/yoann/.config/jack/cards/M Audio
Audiophile 24/96.ss.ports.in
Trying to load portnames from /home/yoann/.config/jack/cards/M Audio
Audiophile 24/96.ports.in
Trying to load portnames from /etc/jack/cards/M Audio Audiophile
24/96.ss.ports.in
Trying to load portnames from /etc/jack/cards/M Audio Audiophile
24/96.ports.in
Trying to load portnames from /home/yoann/.config/jack/cards/M Audio
Audiophile 24/96.ss.ports.out
Trying to load portnames from /home/yoann/.config/jack/cards/M Audio
Audiophile 24/96.ports.out
Trying to load portnames from /etc/jack/cards/M Audio Audiophile
24/96.ss.ports.out
Trying to load portnames from /etc/jack/cards/M Audio Audiophile
24/96.ports.out

	Actually, I do not know what it means.

	Regards.

--