[PlanetCCRMA] 3ms latency in ccrma kernel

Fri May 13 08:37:53 PDT 2016

On 05/13/2016 03:05 AM, Yoann LE BARS wrote:
> Hello everybody out there!
>
> On 05/11/2016 08:06 PM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>> Hey, a new kernel is now available for fc23, 4.4.9-rt17, booted into my
>> test laptop and verified that it does have PREEMPT_RT_FULL enabled...
>
> 	I have just installed it. Unfortunately, it fails to launch GDM,
> forcing me to do some hard rebooting. Therefore, I cannot use this kernel.
>
> 	I use Nvidia proprietary driver via Akmod, to make sure the driver will
> be recompiled for the kernel, and have been able to use this driver on
> previous kernels from PlanetCCRMA.

So, you were able to build the nvidia module, right? (install
kernel-rt-devel). Do you see any oops or bug's in dmesg or
/var/log/messages?

> 	I did not get the opportunity to test with Nouveau, at least not yet.
> Anyway, do not hesitate to indicate what I can do to help solve this
> problem.

Nothing I can think off without more data.

I do use nvidia in my thinkpad laptop (with bumblebee - I hate it), but
the latest I have running with the nvidia driver is a test 4.4.6 build,
I'm still running fc22 on it.