[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 24+Bumblebee+RT kernel: no luck

Wed Aug 10 10:38:51 PDT 2016

On 08/09/2016 07:38 AM, turgut kalfaoğlu wrote:
> Hello everyone, I just joined this list, and my apologies if this is a
> repeat.
>
> I recently installed, or I should say upgraded to the RT kernel on my
> ASUS N550 laptop running Fedora 24.
>
> However, bumblebee which I must use has not been working. Upon checking,
> I noticed that the Nvidia drivers are refusing to install, stating they
> won't install with RT kernels.
> I tried to patch them using the info I found on the 'net, but they never
> compiled correctly.
>
> My main purpose on installing RT, I'm ashamed to admit it, was better
> performance when playing World of Warcraft under Crossover.
> (With the stock kernel, it micro-pauses every two seconds, eventually
> driving me mad).
>
> Hence, I am unable to use the real time kernel now. I would appreciate
> any *pointers.

Hi,

I'm running bumblebee as well (argh!), the problem I found is that the
NVidia installer does not build by default on RT patched kernels, it
does not even try. A workaround I found is setting an environment
variable in the script that compiles the nvidia kernel module telling it
to ignore the fact this is an RT kernel... (you _also_ have to install
kernel-rt-devel).

This is the modified line in /usr/sbin/bumblebee-nvidia (this is on fc22
using the bumblebee repository)

----
          IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 IGNORE_PREEMPT_RT_PRESENCE=1
./nvidia-installer --no-unified-memory --accept-license --silent
--no-x-check --no-nouveau-check --no-recursion
--opengl-libdir=$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee --opengl-prefix=/usr
--x-library-path=$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee --x-prefix=/usr
--x-module-path=/usr/$bumblebee_libdir/nvidia-bumblebee/xorg/modules
$sign_driver $bumblebee_lastarg > /dev/null 2>&1
----

Hope this helps...