[PlanetCCRMA] Fedora 24+Bumblebee+RT kernel: no luck

turgut kalfaoğlu turgut at kalfaoglu.com
Tue Aug 9 07:38:19 PDT 2016

Hello everyone, I just joined this list, and my apologies if this is a
repeat.

I recently installed, or I should say upgraded to the RT kernel on my
ASUS N550 laptop running Fedora 24.

However, bumblebee which I must use has not been working. Upon checking,
I noticed that the Nvidia drivers are refusing to install, stating they
won't install with RT kernels.
I tried to patch them using the info I found on the 'net, but they never
compiled correctly.

My main purpose on installing RT, I'm ashamed to admit it, was better
performance when playing World of Warcraft under Crossover.
(With the stock kernel, it micro-pauses every two seconds, eventually
driving me mad).

Hence, I am unable to use the real time kernel now. I would appreciate
any *pointers.

Regards,
Turgut Kalfaoglu