[PlanetCCRMA] Error when trying to run Ardour

Wed Apr 6 14:40:44 PDT 2016

On 04/05/2016 03:35 PM, Yoann LE BARS wrote:

> Hello everybody out there!
>
> 	While Jack server is running, when I try to launch Ardour, here is what
> I obtain:
>
> $ ardour3
> WARNING: Your system has a limit for maximum amount of locked memory!
>           This might cause Ardour to run out of memory before your system runs
>           out of memory. You can view the memory limit with 'ulimit -l', and it
>           is normally controlled by /etc/security/limits.conf
>
> /usr/lib64/ardour3/ardour-3.5.403: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib64/ardour3/libardour.so.3: undefined symbol:
> _ZN4Glib12get_home_dirEv
>
> 	Of course, Ardour does not run.

Looks like a problem with dependencies, a symbol that ardour needs
cannot be found in the existing libraries. Which version of Fedora? Is
it updated to the latest packages? Were you ever able to run Ardour
without problems?

On the other hand, Ardour is no longer part of Planet CCRMA, it has
moved to Fedora. You could file a bug report in bugzilla.redhat.com
(and/or post a message to the Fedora music list -
music at lists.fedoraproject.org).

-- Fernando