[PlanetCCRMA] Error when trying to run Ardour

Yoann LE BARS yoann at le-bars.net
Tue Apr 5 15:35:02 PDT 2016

Hello everybody out there!

	While Jack server is running, when I try to launch Ardour, here is what
I obtain:

$ ardour3
WARNING: Your system has a limit for maximum amount of locked memory!
         This might cause Ardour to run out of memory before your system
runs
         out of memory. You can view the memory limit with 'ulimit -l',
and it
         is normally controlled by /etc/security/limits.conf

/usr/lib64/ardour3/ardour-3.5.403: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib64/ardour3/libardour.so.3: undefined symbol:
_ZN4Glib12get_home_dirEv

	Of course, Ardour does not run.

	By the way (but I do not think it has anything to do with my problem):

$ ulimit -l
64

	I cannot find anything on the web, nor anyone, to help me solve this.
Has anyone reading this mailing list an idea that can help?

	Best regards.

--
Yoann LE BARS
http://le-bars.net/yoann/