[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with Pure Data in CCRMA-Repo

Sat Aug 15 18:18:24 PDT 2015

On 08/14/2015 10:01 AM, Henning Kopp wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
> many thanks for the work.
> Is there a place where I can file bug-requests?

This list will do...

> Particularly after the latest update, when I open pd, it says:
>
> opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
> /dev/dsp (read/write): No such file or directory
> (now will try write-only...)
> /dev/dsp (writeonly): No such file or directory
> /dev/dsp (readonly): No such file or directory

You are trying to use the old OSS sound driver which is obsolete and no
longer included in the distribution by default.

Just set up your pd to use ALSA or (if you started it) Jack.

> Gem: can't load library
> pdp: can't load library
> audio I/O stuck... closing audio
>

> I have Fedora 22 and use alsa. Even if I now play sounds, there is no
> output in the speakers. The bar at the upper right shows that sound
> should be played.

Enter the sound setup and select alsa (trying to use /dev/dsp means that
you are trying to use OSS - maybe the configuration file format changed
and it defaults to OSS?).

Good luck!