[PlanetCCRMA] Fwd: Grace only loads as root

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Fri Mar 21 11:51:59 PDT 2014

Is your non-root user in the "jackuser" and "audio" groups? It needs
to be there to fire up 'jack'. Also, you may need to start up
'Qjackctl' before Grace.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 4:42 AM, Caio Barros <caio.barros at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody, new user of planetccrma repository here. (Thanks for the
> great work!)
>
> I installed common music and the cm-grace package but I noticed that I can
> only start Grace if I run it as root. If I run it as a regular user it just
> closes immediately without showing any gui. Is this normal behavior?
>
> If it is, than the problem is that Grace doesn't seems to see jack running
> (the opposite occurs with jack, i.e., i can only run it and load jack server
> successfully as a regular user).
>
> When running Grace as root I get the following error:
>
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> jack server is not running or cannot be started
>
> Thanks for the help!

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://j.mp/CompJournoStickOverview

My poltergeist can beat up your zeitgeist.