[PlanetCCRMA] vlc & jack problem

Michael J. Wilson mwilson at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 17 11:36:55 PST 2014

Hello Oded,

I'm on F20 x86_64, and have "vlc-plugin-jack" installed from RPMFusion.
 If I select "Jack audio output" as the output module in the VLC
settings then JACK outputs only appear when I start playing a media
file.  They disappear when playback is stopped.  Can you check that the
JACK output module is selected and if there are ports when you're
playing a media file?

Sorry, I haven't used pa-jack so I can't comment on that.

-Michael J. Wilson