[PlanetCCRMA] NVIDIA and RT Kernel (Fedora 20)

Steve Duell steveduell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:41:51 PDT 2014

Thank, Jeremy!  I'll reinstall F20 from scratch and follow your steps.
Just a few more questions:

Should I install the akmod or the kernel-rt-devel package first?  Or does
it matter?  I gather that as long as they're both present at reboot,
everything should come out fine.

You mention a delay on first boot after installing the akmod.  Can you
estimate about how long it should take?  It's possible that the first time
I tried this, I just gave up too soon.

Also, is there any harm in using the CCRMA kernel with the Fedora Jam
spin?  After weeks of trying to get various distros to play nice with my
hardware, I'm to the point where I'd gladly accept one with most of the
workhorse audio utilities pre-packaged for my convenience.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

-Steve