[PlanetCCRMA] install planet on old laptop

David Ford ford.davidj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 05:06:21 PDT 2013

I have a Thinkpad T23 - not sure how old that is - currently running FC16
and LXDE it's my back-up. I mean to upgrade as soon as I have time. It is
slow but it works if you don't mind waiting.

It did have a hard time running that - is it Rakarak? - guitar effects prog
in real-time though - some effects worked better than others. I don't use
it for that any more.

David

On 15 September 2013 12:44, Brendan Jones <brendan.jones.it at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 09/15/2013 01:37 PM, Oded Ben-Tal wrote:
> > I have an old thinkpad (10 years) that is lying unused. I am considering
> whether
> > it is worth trying to install FC18/19on it to (a) test run it and (b) to
> have
> > planetccrma option in my office without having to carry laptop back and
> forth.
> > Would current fedora possibly run on an old machine or is it a
> non-starter? If
> > anyone has a similar experience it would be good to hear what the effort
> might
> > be like before I embark on something useful but not essential.
> > Thanks
> > Oded
> >

> I cannot see any reason why not! Good luck

Read My Blog
http://www.ja2da.com